Wednesday 15 June 2011

Lost Voice

And since starting my new blog ive lost my voice literally.  got a really bad sore throat and cold and feeling sorry for myself !  not been to work today - stayed in bed most of the day - nose dripping and sucking cough sweets smelling of Vick !  and we know what that smells like.  

Anyway as Im feeling poorly I thought I would try my hand at uploading some quilt pics -  here we go. 


 



This is a little quilt i made for Sophie when she was first born - for her crib.  Its been washed quite a few times now and now looks all lovely and crinkley.

I would love to make huge quilts but only seem so far to be up to little ones and medium sizes.   This one is particularly small as its for a crib but Ive made a few bigger ones   Ill show you some more later. 

Not sure of all the fabrics in this one  some Tanya Whelan Darla Rose I think and I love that little bird fabric don't you ?

Do you save your fabrics and treat them as precious ?  Even though I want to make lovely things from my fabric stash   part of me cannot bear to cut it up !  are you the same ?

Where do you quilt and sew ?  Unfortunately me Im at the dining room table no specially kitted out space for me yet.  Notice I say yet   I have plans around this   more to come later. 

as you can see Im a bit messy ! why can't I be neat


More soon   I feel another cough sweet is needed. 

No comments: